Seeds for Communities – Зеленые Города (EN)
Seeds for Communities is an international program that focuses on the exchange of experiences and practices with regards to sustainable urban development – based on cooperation, care and responsibility.
Through out the project, participants had the opportunity to explore, focus, design and implement a number of methods and tools in their local environments. The time of the project was just June – December 2021, but the outcomes continue. With the international partnership and experts from Germany and Russia, the network is only growing stronger; and the motivation of the participants lives on.
An international program for the exchange of experiences and practices, on the topic of sustainable urban development. Based on the values of cooperation, care and responsibility.
„Seeds for Communities“ is a program for anybody who participates in the development of local initiatives; that are related to urban greening, river protection, ecology in the context of the city. For those who are ready to build sustainable horizontal ties within their project and outside communities.
Our program provides an opportunity to share knowledge, to learn to act anatomically together, to distribute tasks among like-minded people – all in order, so our cities can become greener and sustainable.
Participating Cities: St. Petersburg, Krasnodar, Saratov, Perm. In time, Nizhniy Novgorod, Yerevan, Ufa, Yekaterinburg, Kaliningrad and Kazan will join the list.
Partner City: Berlin.
From June until December 2021, activists from urban gardening communities participated in internships and educational trips to St. Petersburg, Krasnodar, Kazan and in the final event– [not]Conference GREENDATING.
As part of the Program Participants:
- Explored sustainable solutions in urban greening, with invited experts/s and program participants in a horizontal format;
- We explored and developed IT tools for task distribution, communication with volunteers, and collection of data on urban green infrastructure: examples like inventorization of trees, caring after greenery. As a result, a tree accounting platform has emerged;
- Learned how to build public campaigns, visualize projects and hot to promote them;
- Practiced the development of horizontal teams and self-organization;
- Learned how to attract like-minded people / volunteers; and how to build long-term relationships with particular stakeholders and individual partners;.
- We discussed the role of the citizens in promoting the green agenda from below, climate change and certain trends in urban ecology.
To learn more check and follow us on facebook and https://seedsforcommunities.org/
Organizers and Leaders of the Program: Mensch Raum Land e.V. and BridgeIt – with support by German Foreign Office.
civilsocietycooperation #seedsforcommunities #зеленыегорода